Just yesterday I finished up a long-term English Paper Piecing project that I think I must have started back in 2017!
This is the first picture I could find of the hexies from when I originally began making them - July of 2017.
They are made from a mini charm pack of Persimmon by Basic Grey.
Over time they turned into diamond shapes -
and the diamonds were connected with a light blue Kona solid.
I added one row of a neutral Grunge Dots as a final border.
In recent months I've been hand quilting this tablerunner -
To finish the edges, I decided to trim off the neutral hexies to create a straight edge.
I folded over the edge of the backing to create the binding - and stitched that down on Friday night.
After a quick hand wash, and run through the dryer, it's finished!
This has been a great learning experience, and I still have lots more to learn about this kind of hand stitching! I will definitely try another EPP project - it's been a great take along project, as well as perfect for evening sewing time while watching TV.
For now, I'm pleased to have this little project completed - and completely done by hand!
Sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap, and
Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.