I had a little time to work on sewing the gray sashing to connect my Squared Away sampler blocks. I decided not to include any cornerstones in this project, and then remembered why I usually do add them when I had to rip out a whole row of stitching... My vertical sashing strips weren't matching up from row to row!
After Googling it, I came up with an easy tip for helping them to line up - a kind of "Why didn't I think of that!" moment!
Use a straight edge to make a mark where each vertical seam needs to match up!
And it's working! Hooray!
Meanwhile, I needed to make a heart block for a group project that my quilt group is making for one of our members who is struggling with some health issues.
I used Cluck, Cluck Sew's tutorial for making heart blocks in multiple sizes.
We're all making 6.5 inch blocks with cream backgrounds and dark red hearts, so we can show our friend some love! Once I've collected all of the blocks from everyone, they will turn into a table topper for her. I'm hoping for four more.
I squeezed in one #tinytomte. And gave all the little ones some French Knot noses!
The rest of my stitching time has been spent on my Gail Pan redwork embroidery. Progress is happening!
Hope you've had a lovely week! I'm linking up with all my favorite weekend parties!