Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Traveling Hexies

We're getting ready for a fall getaway this week, and I can't take my sewing machine with me so I'm packing up my hand-stitched hexie project to bring along in case there's a little down time.

Here's where I was the last time I posted about this project.


In the last couple of weeks, I've connected all the diamonds made out of the mini charm pack of Persimmon by Basic Gray.

This piece is about 26 inches long, but only about 8 inches wide, so it definitely needs to be made wider.  The blue Kona started out as a scrap piece, but I liked it so much, I went and bought another yard of it at my LQS!


So, now I've been making more blue hexies to continue a blue round while we're traveling.  Then maybe a final border in a neutral?  I'm bringing along a fat quarter of Grunge Dots just in case I get that far!

And I've got all the supplies packed into my handy zipper pouch!


Sharing at my favorite Sunday linkies - 
Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching!




11 comments:

Jayne said...

Have a great getaway! You are taking the next best thing to your machine...EPP! We sometimes think we can't get along without our machines for a week, truth be told it isn't that hard and actually a nice change of pace!

Linda said...

How fun to go on a fall getaway! Loving the hexie grouping so far. I'll be interested to see how much you get done on your trip. ;)

Chantal said...

Enjoy the getaway! ;^)

Vicki in MN said...

It's coming along great, will be fun to see how far you get on it on your get away. That is a very pretty blue.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Have fun! Looks like good progress on your hexies.

Cathy said...

I always take things along on a getaway but never seem to find time to work on them. Have fun either way - getting away or working on hexies!

Love the blue Kona too. I can see why you bought another yard.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Diann, that's going to be a lovely hexie runner. The blue really looks great. Enjoy your retreat!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is a wonderful little project to have tucked away. Have a wonderful trip my friend!

And thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Janice Holton said...

Yay for getting away! I really love the color of blue you chose to put in between the hexi diamonds.

Kate said...

Enjoy your get-away. Hope you got in a bit of slow stitching along the way.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I'm going on a road trip soon also and have been preparing hexies for the past several days. Nothing beats sewing hexies while in the car. I also love Persimmon and have used it in several of my quilts. I might have some pieces left if you decide you want to make your quilt bigger--sometimes you can't stop making hexies. Have a good trip!