Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Midweek Update

I decided this would be a good week to work on a scrappy placemat in yellow for August.  My goal this year is to make a placemat every month out of my scraps in the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - you can see the ones I've finished in this post.

This month's placemat is inspired by two quarter star blocks from the orphan block drawer, and since two wasn't enough for the design I had in mind, I made two more!


Thinking I would surround this center star with crumb blocks in all my yellows, I pulled everything out to see what might work.


My goal is a 12.5 x 16.5 inch slab, so I just sew and press and trim and measure and sew some more until things start to take shape.



And I ended up with this!

Hopefully I'll have a finished placemat to share for Saturday's RSC link-up.

This kind of project is a good one for using up a few partial spools of thread, too - this week I've finished off four of them!


Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.












1 comment:

Vicki in MN said...

You did good with the yellow scraps!!