Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, August 7, 2026

Jacob's Ladder blocks for August

After sorting through all the yellow scraps and stash earlier in the week, I decided these would work for this month's Jacob's Ladder blocks.

Some bright, orangey yellows (with sunflowers!) 
and some in the mustard yellow shade.

And I think these worked!


This is a happy group of blocks!


Along the way I made a few tiny yellow 4 patches that will end up as one more Gameboard block.


It has definitely been sunny in my sewing room this week!  
Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Quilters at SoScrappy.











10 comments:

Julierose said...

Such pretty yellows--I especially love that mustard floral one--very vintage looking...your Jacob's ladder is coming together so well hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

When my daughter was little, I made her a dress with sunflower fabric. It was sad when she outgrew it. Isn’t it fun to make quilts by adding a block or two each month, one colour at a time?

Anonymous said...

Last comment from Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Kat Scribner said...

Your colorful jacobs ladder is looking great, Diann !

Vicki in MN said...

Those yellows fit right in perfectly with your other RSC blocks.

Nann said...

Sunshine!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Great use of your yellow scraps. I agree with Nann. . . .pure sunshine!

Sue said...

The Jacob's Ladder collection looks so bright & fun. I love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like how the Jacob's Ladder is coming along - I am so late getting to blogs today.

Astrid said...

Beautiful yellows for Jacob's Ladder blocks. All pretty blocks for the quilt! Pretty gameboard blocks too.