We enjoyed an amazingly cool day on Tuesday - only 70° at 1:00 in the afternoon, and I think the high was 76. It was so pleasant!
But we can't have nice things for long - here's the rest of the week for us.
🥵🥵🥵
These petunias don't seem to mind the heat, though. They make me smile!
We went up to Estes Park again for the day yesterday. We played golf and ate lunch at our favorite winery. It was a beautiful day!
LeeAnna's question of the week is about ice cream - cone or cup? And what flavor? I always go for chocolate, and usually one scoop in a cup will do. Here we are with friends in Charleston last May. It started to rain one afternoon, so we ducked into an ice cream place to wait it out. Yummy!

13 comments:
Your petunias look great. The hot temperatures and generous watering has kept them happy. I like my ice cream in a cup too. Any flavor will do as I rarely eat it as dairy products cause issues with my digestive tract!
Glad you got a nice comfy day before the heat wave. I tend to go chocolate as well and swap between cup and cone.
We had the same cool weather the past 2 days, it was awesome! Chocolate for me too, cup or cone. Pretty pink petunias are looking very happy.
Looks like you and your friends have a good time waiting out the rain! Such a happy group!
Oh my that is cool! Your petunias look happy. :D That looks like a cold cut lunch - delicious with a glass of wine. What a beautiful setting! One scoop of chocolate satisfies me too, as long as it is a huge one!
These cooler days are such a treat, especially when we know things are going to heat up again! We make a run for DQ dilly bars now and then, one cherry, one chocolate!
I am ready for some more 70 degrees days - what a treat. Golf sounds like fun in a beautiful place!
oh those are some hot days coming up for you. We have been like that a lot and I no you don't have the humidity that we have with it but still no one likes to bake in an oven either. I love ice cream cones if it is not real hot outside - I don't like the ice cream running down the side of the cone - I love the waffle cones.
Ugh - we're not quite that hot, but the humidity is killing me! Ice cream with friends is always a good thing. :-)
We probably won't see 70 till October this year. Hang in there, hopefully the heat breaks sooner rather than later. I'm a big chocolate ice cream fan too. Though salted caramel is a big contender these days.
I wouldn't have figured petunias for hardy flowers but they look very healthy indeed. Stay cool!
Amalia
xo
Pretty color in the petunias. Seventy degree weather at 1 pm sounds good to me! Glad you had a nice day in Estes Park.
It is so nice that you have been able to enjoy some comfy temps and time playing golf. Didn't you see elk on the golf course a couple of years ago? I always think about that when you show photos of the golf course. Have a blessed day, Diann. Hugs
Post a Comment