Good morning, friends! I'm joining in with To-Do Tuesday hosted by Linda at Texas Quilt Gal. It's been a good week for making progress on various projects, and I'm feeling a little less scattered than I was a week ago!
- I've continued to quilt Bloom with diagonal lines of stitching 4 inches apart, mostly stitch in the ditch, and this part is almost done. I think I will go back and add in more quilting to make the stitching into a two inch grid.
- Progress has also been made on the two projects that have deadlines in January. Two of three of the Arizona tablerunner blocks are made, and quite a few of the blue and white blocks that I need for a January blog hop.
- I also finished my December Tablescraps project, but will save that for an end of the week post.
So what's on this week's list?
- Like most everyone this time of year, I have some Christmas things still to do - wrap the last few presents, bake some cookies.
- This morning I have both a mammogram and a bone density test (same office, back-to-back appointments) and have to take my mom to the eye doctor in the afternoon. Will there be any sewing? - probably not.
- Whenever there is some time in the sewing room, I plan to keep working on the two January projects and quilting Bloom. I bet there'll be a little progress!
Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful week!
Hi Diann, the Arizona blocks are so pretty and they will look beautiful on a tablerunner. I am just curious about the blue blocks...looking for news about this project on January. Merry Christmas!!
Bloom is looking great, and I love your Arizona blocks!
You are making such good progress on your beautiful basket quilt. Do you put it in a frame to quilt it? Sounds like you have a busy appointment day scheduled but it will be nice to have all that done - right? Love your blue flying geese. I never got a response after inquiring about the blues blog hop - I guess it was full! :D Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!
Merry Christmas to you, too! Hope you get good reports today.
Enjoy all the holiday prep this week and the stitching time you can fit in. Have a very Merry Christmas!
what a busy appointment day - but thanks for mentioning it as my doctors office was supposed to set up the bone density appointment and I have not heard from anyone will need to call and remind them about that.
Two inch grid would be great on that quilt.
You’re really making me want to do a basket quilt! Beautiful!
Great progress on your quilting of Bloom! It will be so pretty! Good luck with the two appts or three, I guess, if we count mom! Oh, I’m anxious to see your blog hop post! One of these days, I’ll get brave and participate in a hop! Wishing you and family a Merry Christmas!
Good luck with both tests!
Your bloom quilt is looking great, a quilt does take quite a bit of quilting doesn't it. I am just taking a break from it until next year! You seem to be making good progress with your projects. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.
What fun blocks you are making! Hope all the appointments went well.
Your Bloom is looking fantastic! The only thing I hate more than the Annual Boob Smashing (mammogram) is the Annual Hoo-hah Spelunking (pap exam). I had the annual pap torture yesterday and have been rewarding myself for keeping the appointment with lots of Christmas cookies! ;-). Merry Christmas and happy quilting to you!
Beautiful quilt and quilts blocks. That's a busy appointment day, hope it all goes well. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Merry Christmas. Your day sounds quite busy. I am sure your mom is appreciative of you taking her to the eye appointment. I love the straight line quilting on your bloom quilt. My walking foot and I are "best friends" when it comes to quilting. Curious how long your markings will stay "visable" when you do them?? Do you just do two or three rows, then mark again??
Good job getting your annual exam done. I had mine 2 weeks ago, same day as lab work. Didn't get any sewing done that day either. :( But results were back quickly for both and all is well for another year. Mary / https://stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com//
Bloom will be beautiful when done! And I love all your little bow tie blocks.
Post a Comment