Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, September 12, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #153

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!   It's To-Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal - thanks, Linda for hosting this fun link-up each week!


It's been a busy week here, but a few quilty things were accomplished!  I had wanted to make my mom a fall mug rug for the table in her apartment, and I did do that.

This was made from some 3 inch squares of fall themed fabric that I've had for a long time.   I won these in a giveaway quite a few years ago, and there were a lot!  I'm still trying to use them up.  For this mug rug I chose pieces that had leaves in them.

I shared in my post last Thursday that I found a different cornerstone fabric for the Frosty project.  I got all the sashings and cornerstones cut and laid out for the Frosties,  and now it's time to sew!

I also got the last blue Bloom block finished up - read about it HERE.  Of course you know what happens when you start digging in the scrap bin.  It explodes!  Here's what my sewing table looked like the other day. 

There are a lot of bits and pieces in there! All shapes and sizes.
I started sorting through them, and hesitate to stuff them back in the bin again.
I think there are lots of blue crumb blocks in my future!


I'm ending this post without a to-do list for the coming week, because I'm going to be away from my sewing machine (and the blog) for awhile.   See you in a few!
 












17 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Nice projects. Have a good time away from your sewing machine.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty fall leaf on that mug rug - have fun while you are away from sewing

Ivani said...

Your fall mug rug is very pretty, Diann.
Enjoy your time away from the sewing machine. See you soon.

Libby in TN said...

Have fun wherever you are!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a cute mug rug!
I do know how scrap bags and boxes can explode and take over the sewing space, and mind space!

Vicki in MN said...

I think your scrappy blue table looks to neat, mine would be exploding onto the floor and then some! I really do need time to get some of it under control, but when I don't know. Have a great week with whatever you are doing! Oh and I like your fall mug rug for your mom:)

Susie H said...

I believe you mentioned earlier that you were going back to your favorite spot and I bet that's where you are! Enjoy! Very pretty mug rug for your mother.

Linda said...

I bet your Mom loved that mug rug - so pretty. Yes scrap bins explode when messed with. ;) Enjoy your time away!
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

piecefulwendy said...

Cute mug rug, and I like your Frostie layout! I'll miss you, but enjoy your break!

MissPat said...

Enjoy your time at the coast. Hope you have good weather and get some great photos.
Pat

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great mug rug for your MOM! Frosty is moving along nicely and!!! your crumbs look so neat compared to mine! Enjoy your time away and see you when you get back!

chrisknits said...

What a cute mug rug! Enjoy your time away!!

grammajudyb said...

Bet your mom was thrilled with the mug rug! I like the splash of purple! Frosties is going to be so cute! Enjoy your time in one of your favorite places. I’m going to add that destination to my bucket list! I googled it! We’ll be here when you return! 🧳 🐚🦭

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

A lovely fall mug rug. Enjoy your time away, don't miss your sewing machine too much!

LA Paylor said...

everything okay? this is the first time in years you didn't do an I Like post...

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! The layout for your Frosties looks just perfect to me. I love the cornerstone fabric and the sashing really does a great job highlighting all your nice stitching. I'll bet your Mom is the one to beat with all the cute mug rugs. Perfect fabric for a Fall message. Enjoy your time away and safe travels. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Those fabrics perfectly match that leaf motif. I like how the white really sets off the colours. I had to smile when you shared your scrappy pile...you would be appalled at what my sewing room looked like last week when I pulled out the bins of scraps and attempted another sort through. This time sorted by colours. Not that much but somehow messy just the same. Such a relief when all cleared away. Anyway, enjoy your break!