Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, September 5, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #152

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!   It's To-Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal - thanks, Linda for hosting this fun link-up each week!


I ended last week's list with a plan to just play a bit, and that was a fun part of the week!  I sewed myself a new tote bag, and made a little tablerunner.  I'll save the tablerunner to share at the end of the month, but here's the bag.  I've been enjoying using it already!


Also, in case you missed it, the reveal of Halloween Jubilee is here.

Progress was made on the Frosties, too.  They're all trimmed to 8 x 10 inches.


And now I'm mulling...  maybe something like this will work for sashing and cornerstones?  I haven't bought anything new - just playing with what I have in my stash!

I like the red with white stars, but not so sure 
about the peppermints on the black background.

This week, my main goal is to finish up the last of the Bloom blocks I need and figure out the yardage for the setting triangles.  I'd better start by reading the pattern! 


Other things on the list:
  • A fall themed mug rug for my mom, and
  • Keep working on sashing and cornerstones for the Frosties!
That should keep me out of trouble!
 

 






13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many snowmen, I like the red with the stars but like you not sure on the cornerstones.

Vicki in MN said...

I am not sure on the peppermint cornerstones either. But I spy a green tree in that block, how about a green cornerstone...or does that make it to Christmasy for you?

Libby in TN said...

I like Vicki's idea!

grammajudyb said...

I really like the sashing fabric too. I have some of that peppermint candies on black and it's not easy to use. There is bound to be a solution at your local quilt store. New winter fabrics are probably arriving daily!!! Just call me an enabler!!!

Bonnie said...

You are really making progress. Your snowman are looking so cute and you’ve even got a start on the sashing. Great job.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I love your bag..it looks roomy enough to hold all
your quilting "stuff". I checked out your Halloween quilt... it's
beautiful! I like the red trim on your snowmen. Have a great day!

piecefulwendy said...

That's a handy little bag! Fun to see you playing with ideas for the snowmen, too! I thought of you yesterday as I took your little mini off my quilt room wall (it will go back up in my new quilt room when it's finished). It's a favorite little mini to me!

Ivani said...

The bag is lovely, Diann.
It looks like the corner stone doesn't have much contrast with the red sashing, but I think it will be ok at the end and you won't need to buy more fabric.

Linda said...

I like Vicki's idea too but am LOL at Judy's solution - :D But I kinda like the candies in the corner too. Those snowmen sure look cute all framed like that. I'm looking forward to seeing your Mom's fall mug rug. And honestly Diann, does any To Do list actually keep us out of trouble? LOL!
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

Kathryn T said...

Love your tote bag, they are such fun to make and sure show of fabric we love. love the snowman with the red but no to corner stones. Hope you find just the right ones, it's too cute to have the wrong colour there. Go with Judy!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fabulous bag, Diann. And your Frosties are looking fabulous. Love the fabrics you are using. Looking forward to seeing your mug rug for your mom. Have a great week.

Sharon - IN said...

I do like the fabrics in your cute bag! And as for the snowman quilt, when I enlarge the photos I see more than just redwork. So I think the candy fabric looks fine with the red snowflake fabric. The black is picking up the greens in your handwork. Just my humble oppinion. :-)
And great halloween quilt! The purple makes it sing!

Mary said...

What a cute tote bag!