Does it count if I just *thought* about a couple of the things on my to-do list from last week? :) Two things on my list involved figuring out backings for some quilts - the crumb quilt and my son's tabletopper.
- Joann's was having a sale on Kona cottons, so I bought some yardage that will work for the crumb quilt backing. Right now it's still in the bag!
- For the tabletopper, I was thinking I might just piece the backing out of the leftovers from the front, the green, blue, and gray Grunge.
And then I got off on a tangent. Well, a tangent with a purpose, you could say! I've been wanting to get back to making blocks for the Covered in Love charity. Kat, who started the charity, posts a new block drive every couple of months. The block for July and August, find it HERE, will benefit Project Linus of Uvalde, Texas, and I really want to participate. It turns out the colors for these blocks are green, blue, maroon, khaki, and black. I definitely have that green and blue Grunge that fits. So I cut some squares!
Sewed them together into a 4 patch, cut and then re-sewed into a disappearing 4 patch!
I can definitely make a few more of these!
I did work on my purple blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and posted about them on Saturday.
So on this week's list:
- Make more blocks for CiL.
- Backing for son's tabletopper.
- Work on my purple projects.
- Piece the backing for the crumb quilt? Maybe!
Joining in with To-Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal - thanks, Linda, for hosting this fun link-up each week!