Good morning and happy To-Do Tuesday! I'm checking in today with my weekly to-do list and linking up with Roseanne and friends for the To-Do Tuesday linky party at Home Sewn By Us.
It's been a good week for getting things done in my sewing room, and I have some successes to share!
On last week's list:
1. The Cheddar and Blue wall-hanging is done! You can see my post about it here.
2. Work on sewing the Rainbow Jungle tree blocks into 4 patches - progress was made, more on that below.
3. Work on the border blocks for the Diamond String project. These are all done! I've been sewing string blocks like a crazy woman this week!
These blocks are ready to sew together into a quilt top!
So, what's on the list for this week?
1. It's time to work on my November Color Challenge block from Patterns by Jen. I chose the fabrics for this one, and got the cutting finished and the sub-parts made. This is a block that can use leaders and enders while I'm working on it, so I pulled out the Rainbow Jungle trees to use for that purpose.
It doesn't take long to sew four trees together, and so far I've made two more four patches, with a third under the needle in this photo.
2. I'm in the midst of making an embroidered pillow cover for a birthday gift for a friend, and I need to get that done because her birthday was last week (oops)! 😳 I needed a pillow form to go inside it, and got that at Joann's yesterday, and now need to layer and quilt the top and sew the envelope backing pieces.
3. I haven't made any blocks dor Covered in Love since July, so I'd like to get some done this week, too. The Nov/Dec blocks are sunflowers and look interesting to construct. Find the tutorial here.
That will give me plenty to focus on this week!
Sounds like a busy week! That sunflower block does look interesting. Have you made Thanksgiving plans yet?
love your diamond strings! nice and colorful and that wall hanging is pretty good too!
Sounds like you have just the right amount of projects to keep you out of trouble;) Carry on my friend, carry on.
I like your Cheddar and Blue Quilt..so bright. The String Quilt is awesome..love all those different colors. The pillow is really cute. Your friend will love it. Have a great day!
Thanks for the reminder about the sunflower blocks for CiL. I need to get mine started, too, and your link will save me from having to track the directions down.
All those finishes must feel just so good! Your projects are so delightful. I can envision you, stripping away in your quilt room - LOL! I'm sure your friend will be delighted with the pillow; it's just lovely!
Your pumpkin sunflower stitchers is going to make a cute pillow! Great idea! Diamond strings will be fabulous! And I am looking forward to seeing the tree quilt!
Such a great week. I love to sew string blocks - such a lovely quilt!
Hi Diann! Thanks for the link to CiL. I need to get back into the habit of making blocks for that. I love how Cheddar and Blue turned out. And it looks so stunning on your fence with the beautiful blue sky and possibly a snow-capped pine behind it. Yowza, Diamond String is looking fabulous. So cool looking especially with that skinny red border added. Finally, I love your little trees and the Color block layout. Nice pillow for your friend - she won't care that it's after her birthday. It's the thought that counts. Thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne
LOVE LOVE LOVE all your projects!! Especially the pillow cover.
Can't wait to see the completion of the string quilt. I'm a sucker for strings!
So many fabulous project finishes and in progress!! I need to get a bit more motivated!
I just love the variety of blocks you're stitching up lately! And your blue and cheddar piece is so lovely :)
Love your projects, particularly the string quilt and the embroidery pillow. What a great gift the pillow will be for your friend.
Post a Comment