Happy Tuesday! I'm checking in today with my weekly to-do list and linking up with Roseanne and friends for the To-Do Tuesday linky party at Home Sewn By Us.
I had three to-dos on my list last and I completed one, plus made progress on the other two!
1. The Northern Lights quilt top is sewn together - see it in my Saturday post here.
2. The pieces for the border of the Ocean quilt are all cut, and actually sewn together, too, but I took this photo of it with the border pieces just laid out before sewing.
These borders should be quick and easy to sew onto the quilt,
and I'll plan to get that done this week.
3. Scrap cutting and sorting - isn't that always ongoing?! I did make several 4 patches and a couple of Easy Breezy blocks out of scraps this week.
So for this week:
1. Now that it's August, we have a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - purple! So I've pulled out lots of purple fabrics and I'm ready to get started making some purple trees for my Rainbow Jungle.
Six more are needed so that I have eight for the month.
2. I started working on a tablerunner last week, and now have the top pieced. I'd like to get it finished this week!
3. Finish up the borders on the Ocean quilt.
4. My book club meets next Monday - we're still meeting by Zoom - and I need to start (and finish) the book! It looks pretty interesting, too!
Those things seem doable! I'd better get to work!
Love the sounds of this book so much I've got it saved on my library book list. You've got to start & finish it this week? thank goodness it's only 288 pages. I'd never be able to do it but you might. Good luck & good read!
We always have a lot going on don't we! And we always seem to make progress so it's all good;) I guess I am a slow reader as I only read at night, hard to get a whole book done in a week for me!
Oh! You have inspired me with those blocks! I may use them on my fall placemats! Very pretty! Yes! Your book looks so interesting! It's also on my to be read list at Goodreads! How do you make time for reading and quilting? I'm working on balancing the two out! :)
that looks like an interesting book - I have not heard of that one
Zoom book club meetings sound like a lot of fun. Hmmm....
I love the little trees, esp the floral fabric! Good luck on your to-do's--you have some fun projects going!
Hi Diann! I sure do LOVE those purple trees and I'm not even a purple fan. You will also be doing the zig zag row, too? You did great on your list from last week - progress is always a win in my book. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne
It sounds like you're going to be SEW busy this week, Diann!!
Love your Northern Lights quilt and the Ocean quilt!! Great projects! Have a wonderful week! :)
LOVE the table runner! Your purple trees are cute. Not sure I'll be finishing my RSC colors for awhile, as we are selling our house and moving in the next couple months! Well with a zoom meeting with your book club, at least you don't have to bake cookies. :D
Really like the purple trees...I've added
your book to my TBR list...sound like a
book I'd like...have a great day!
Those little purple trees are so cute, and I love the runner! You have a fun week ahead!
I love that purple print you used for your trees. I think I remember seeing it somewhere before. Do you remember what line it is from? You're making progress on lots of projects.
I'm confident you can get the list done! That book looks good and love the trees in purple.
You will do it all and probably more!!
Post a Comment