Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Last in the Series

In early October I set out to make a little Fall quilt with some oranges and browns I had found on a trip to the Oregon coast.


Those three fat quarters resulted in these two pieces - one for me and one for my mom.


For the backing of both little pieces, I had gotten this sweet fabric that I just love!

I definitely wanted to make something with this featured on the front.

When Carole of From My Carolina Home shared a tutorial for placemats during her Autumn Jubilee series, I knew just what to stitch up!

I combined two placemats into one tablerunner, 
knowing that I would enjoy having this on my table everyday!

Besides using up a few more scraps from the previous projects, I enjoyed adding some yellow and turquoise this time.


I quilted this one really simply using the serpentine stitch on my Pfaff, and bound it in the turquoise dots.


Happy Thanksgiving!


Sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!








14 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love this project!!! I LOVED all your projects (especially the pumpkins)! What a great way to use up the leftover scraps!!! I love the aqua with that fabric!!! Have a great day!

Vicki in MN said...

That runner with the aqua, dots, and geese would make anyone smile I think! So pretty. And your star with the checkerboards on each side, perfection:) I guess I just love fall colors. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your runner is fantastic, thank you for the mention!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great idea, Diann! That is a lovely addition to your table. Enjoy!

Barb N said...

All three of these are just so pretty! And what a great way to usher in Fall. Happy Thanksgiving!

Louise said...

This fabric looks even better with extra turquouise accents! Great runner to enjoy throughout the season :)

piecefulwendy said...

I agree with the others, that the turquoise adds a fun twist! Great way to use up the fabric too! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just got caught up on your posts, Diann. I love the handwork you put into that little runner with the Christmas motifs. I've never seen a fabric that has that most important word on it and I can see why you would want to have it on display. Lovely pieces all!
Yes, we are immersed in the British productions lately too. I enjoy reading about all your projects. I need to do a few smaller things now too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You do such a great job putting together these seasonal projects. I love the added soft yellow and turquoise.

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

grammajudyb said...

Your table runner is perfect for Oh Scrap! Love the pops of turquoise!

Denise :) said...

Oh! That 'thankful' print is wonderful! I loved all of your sweet projects -- I never get tired of stitching up autumn-themed happies!! :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty fabrics, and you made beautiful projects with them, Love them!

Sharon - IN said...

So many pretty quilted items!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh I remember that little placemat/centrepiece for your mom, and I love seeing the thankful fabric again. Isn't it fun to add turquoise??? I am loving it and would never have thought to but for Amanda Murphy's Thankful line I got to work with earlier this year. All three projects are wonderful Diann and thank you for linking up another squirrel! You and Wendy are queens of squirrel chasers I think...