After picking the brains of a couple trusted quilty advisors, I ended up doing something extremely simple. I bought 2.5 yards of 72 inch wide white felt, which was on sale at Joann's for $3.99 a yard, and stapled it up on the wall. Inexpensive, but effective!
After squaring up one end of the yardage, I ended up with a design wall that is 72 x 90, and it is working really well!
Just for fun, I put up the Northern Lights blocks which I've made so far, the Stack and Cut squares I've been making out of a Bonnie and Camille layer cake, and my Tiny Tuesday blocks. There's lots of space on this wall, and nothing falls off!
The design wall is on the west wall of my room. When you turn to the north, here's what you see. I moved the cutting table over there.
Our house was built in the 70s, and back then everyone *had* to have a fireplace. Nowadays (and, really, for quite a long time), we don't use it anymore.
Here's the east wall - and around the corner to the south, too, where my storage is.
Those walls are looking a little bare, but I have lots of mini quilts to put back up - and most likely I will make more, too! :)
Thanks for coming along on this tour of my sewing room makeover. Hope you enjoy some stitching time today!
Sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!