This week there was lots of red sewing going on! My first goal was to make two blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Squared Away Sampler.
I found two red fabrics in my stash to use for these blocks -
I wasn't actually sure if the print would work very well for this purpose, but it was what I had, and that's what this project is all about, right?! Using what you have?!
Here are my two red blocks -
I do like the way the print fabric looks after all! There are a few bits of pink and green in it, and since there are both pink and green blocks in this project, I think this will fit in just fine!
I took just a moment to play with these blocks on some Kona White yardage which is the background color of these blocks.
I'm wondering what other color might make a fun sashing color for these pretty blocks...
Also this week, I finished up the rest of the red bowties that I planned
for this month -
as well as all of the tiny rails needed for a 10 inch block -
It turns out that I have more than enough red scraps to make two of these blocks this month - a bright red one and another out of my darker reds. More on that next week!
Hope there was some Red Hot sewing going on at your house this week! Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy.