Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I Like Thursday #72 - my Happy Place!

Where is your happy place?  I know we all have them - my sewing room is one, of course!   And my comfy blue chair where I read, watch TV, and watch the wildlife in our backyard.

But if we are going to get in the car and go to a happy place, we always end up here -


Last weekend, the spring-like weather was so amazing that we knew it was time for a trek up into the mountains.

A drive up into Rocky Mountain National Park brought us these kinds of views - looking west - 


And then turning around and looking east.


Then we go into town, park, and walk up the hill through downtown.  There are fun and special things along the way.


I just had to play some mountain music!


And a brand new veterans memorial we hadn't seen before - Mike is a veteran, so these are always so appreciated! 

And no trip to Estes Park is complete without a visit to our favorite spot!


Cheers, friends!


Hope you're having a great week!  Be sure to check out all the I Like Thursday bloggers at LeeAnna's Not Afraid of Color!








16 comments:

Linda said...

Nice picture of you! Oh my gosh what a blessing to have a place like that so near to you. I would never tire of looking at those mountains. The winery looks fun!

Vicki in MN said...

Love the pic of you with your wine:) So fun to see another part of the park.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
Great pictures!!! Oh so beautiful. That glass of wine looks pretty darn good too - both of them, actually. ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are so lucky to be so near one of my favorite places! I love wandering through Estes Park - too bad I only do it every 5 years or so LOL

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

wow-fond memories of Estes Park. many years ago. Still such a beautiful place. Enjoy! mary in Az

Sherrill said...

I LOVE Estes Park..so beautiful! I lived in Pagosa Springs for awhile and it's gorgeous there as well but Estes Park & the elk! It's been quite awhile..need to go again soon.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Diann, you look so relaxed and happy there having a sip or two. Another wonderful outing for the two of you.

PaintedThread said...

Neat! The views are amazing. And you can play a hammered dulcimer in the park? what fun. What a great way to end your outing.

Mary in Boulder said...

Nice to read about Estes when I was just thinking about going up there. So you have a fav hike to recommend? Oh, the crocus are now blooming in Boulder, just a week after yours.

chrisknits said...

Ah Estes Park. I got to visit there back in the 80's. Loved it! Would love to go back some day.

LA Paylor said...

a little walkabout always discoveries to be found even in a favorite place. You created a moment for us.

Angie in SoCal said...

Quite a few of us have posted landscapes in this week's I Like Thursday. You all must be like me - mountains keep me grounded. Blessings,

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great road trip and photos~! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

So Beautiful! I have got to get up to Estes Park/RMNP. All my friends and family have been there, yet I haven't yet. Seems so silly. Wonderful photos!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great picture of you. Looks like a great place to get away. Funny there was another War Memorial picture for the I like Thursdays.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks, Michele! We do enjoy going up to the mountains!