Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas trees!

The outdoor kind...


The indoor kind...


And the fabric kind, too!


The last few years I've made a Christmas tree mini each year - the one above is from December of 2015.  I wanted to try some modern hexies, and they worked really well for a tree shape!

Christmas 2016 - 


This is Kevin the Quilter's tree block.  I really love this one!  I should make more of these.

Here is my tree mini for 2017.  The trees are made from Sandra's Leaning Tree tutorial that I made a bunch of mug rugs out of earlier this month.



The darker fabric is really a dark green - a color I find hard to photograph accurately!  The text fabric says things like"joy to the world" and "merry and bright."  It was interesting when cutting into that one to make sure I had the text all oriented the correct way!  Let's just say I made a lot of scraps out of that fat quarter!  :)



I did have fun adding some buttons to the top of each tree, and some handquilting in white perle cotton around the outside of each block.

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend and wishing all my quilty friends the Happiest of Holidays!




8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I like your hexie tree, it reminds me I started a EPP Christmas tree-hmmm wonder where that is, LOL

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What great projects! Merry Christmas!!

Jayne said...

All your trees are pretty amazing! Inside, outside, hexie or scrappy! What a fun tradition!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that hexie tree - it looks so nice and simple!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love all the tree quilts--I do love all kinds of trees, not just Christmas ones, and I love photographing trees--each one is like a snowflake--so different!!
ENJOY THE HOLIDAY SEASON AND EACH AND EVERY MOMENT, DI

The Joyful Quilter said...

This year's tree mini is a wonderful addition to your collection! I like the alternating layout. I had a laugh about you and the word fabric. I would have "made a lot of scraps", too!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Diann, those are really cute quilts!

Kate said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! The tree minis are very cute!