So I did, and now he is much happier. I had a bit of fun fussy cutting some 1.5 inch squares for the centers of these two blocks. There are now 34 monkeys in my little tin!
And in other yellow monkey business, I was looking through my yellow scraps and found quite a bit of Kona Maize left over from... something.
I decided to start adding some sashing to the monkey blocks with 2 inch strips along with 2 inch randomly scrappy corner stones. They will look something like this -
I'm going to enjoy seeing what happens with these little guys next!
To see what other scrappy quilters have been doing with their yellow scraps this week, check out the Scrap Happy Saturday link-up at Soscrappy!