Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Daily Stitching Update and a new start...

 I finished out September with my daily stitching...

And moved on to October!  October 2nd has a butterfly because we went to the Butterfly Pavilion down in Denver that day.  That is such a sweet experience!  I'll share some photos in my Thursday post.  This is the first daily square where I actually drew the shape before I stitched it.


The whole piece looks like this right now - you can see July, August, and September in the top row, and then it skips down to October on the bottom left.  I just started this project on September 26th.


The new start for October is Broom Hilda, a design from Melisa at PinkernPunkin.  I think she's so cute with her purple hair and green skin!  Her hat and dress are supposed to be stitched in black, and I couldn't find a bit of it in my stash, so I chose a very dark gray instead.  I think that's working fine for the clothing, but not so much for her eyes and mouth.  So I'll need to go pick up some black floss!


Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.








No comments: