I've been adulting this week. And it's hard work!
- Eye doctor visit and planning for cataract surgery, which, of course, involves phone calls to see what insurance covers, and then scheduling.
- Primary care doc visit - my *wellness* checkup for the year.
- As a result of that, go pick up new blood pressure meds.
- She ordered labs, so I went and did that - just routine stuff and everything is fine.
- The doc also put in orders for my yearly mammogram and a bone density scan (that one's every two years) so more phone calls and appointments.
So, don't you think I deserved a splurge at my LQS?! Here's what I came home with:
My holiday stash needed a boost!
For my penguin-enabling friends - do you see the penguins on blue?
The light blue with little flowers - or maybe they're stars -
is for the setting triangles on my chandelier quilt.
And the Buffalo plaid is for this guy! He's going to be a (planned) Drop Everything and Make It.
This is a free tutorial from The Crafty Quilter.
Find it HERE.
In fact, she has a whole post about her most popular Christmas
I was happy to send off a quilt to a new little family member yesterday. We have a newborn great-great niece. Yikes, that makes me feel old! She would be Mike's brother's (who passed away in the summer) great granddaughter. They named her after him, Ronnie, so Mike asked if I had a quilt to send her. And I did!
I just finished this book and LOVED it! It's about a 70 year old woman who works at an aquarium near Seattle and forms a connection with an octopus who lives at the aquarium.
LeeAnna asked us about apple cider this week, and that is something I haven't had in a long time, but remember loving as a child. I grew up in upstate New York where there were/are lots of apple orchards, and you could go and see how apple cider was made. Nowadays when you Google apple cider, you get info about hard cider which is now a popular beverage like craft beer and wine.
But I did find out out that we could make our own cider with this recipe!
Homemade apple cider at Sally's Baking Addiction.
I might just have to try that!
Hope you're having a great week! Joining in with "I Like Thursday," hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.