Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Slow Stitching on a Sunday

 Earlier this week I had a chance to finish up my teacup embroidery designs from Kathy Schmitz in their wooden embroidery hoops, and hung up the correct one for the season, too!


It won't be long before I'll be hanging the winter one.


I haven't had a chance to work on the little Christmas Penguin in several days, but he does have his Christmas tree now.  I think all that's left is the background and some outlining.  I'm hoping I can make him into an ornament for our tree.

Mr. Penguin will be today's slow stitching project!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.






14 comments:

Lin said...

Cute penguin and beautiful seasonal embroideries. xx

Susie H said...

Really? You're stitching a penguin?? Who knew??? hahahaha! Love the idea of the penguin hanging on your tree and the season cross-stitches are sweet. Great Slow Stitching projects.

Ivani said...

Your seasonal corner is just full of charming with those embroidery hoops, Diann. And that cute little pinguim cross stitching will be perfect as an ornament for the tree. Happy stitching!!

Vicki in MN said...

Your embroidered tea cups found the perfect home by the real cups, great addition:)

Deb A said...

My neighbor added a penguin to his Christmas display across the street and I might think of you whenever I see it thinking 'she would love that!'. Love your seasonal corner of embroidery. The penguin is going to make a great ornament. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Julierose said...

Your hooped embroideries are just so darling--great to change them out with the seasons nice work hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

Your seasonal stitching is so lovely. This holiday I have been reacquainting myself with cross-stitch, not particularly successfully, I must say. Thinking I would do a better job with embroidery.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

you are soooo good at your hand stitching! Mr. Penguin is a cutie!

CathieJ said...

That penguin is so adorable. I really like those seasonal hoops.

Jenny said...

I love your embroidered tea cup series. And as for that penguin, he certainly is a Christmas cutie!

Linda said...

Diann the teacup is so cute, and the penguin is adorable. I'm in my sewing room looking at my two latest Kathy Schmitz embroideries and wondering if I can possibly finish them before Christmas - lol!

Linda said...

Your teacup embroideries are lovely. They look really nice in the hoops.

Quilter Kathy said...

A perfect place to show your embroidery treasures!
Love the little penguin cross stitch!

Mary said...

Love all your slow stitching projects. Then little penguin looks happy holding the tree. :) Mary/ https://stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com//