But that wasn't quite enough for the makeover - it needed something more. How about a zipper pouch? I have many zipper pouches, and I use them for all kinds of things, but none of them are purple. So I decided to make one. After reading this post at ChrisKnitsSews, I thought about an orphan block I had that might work for a zipper pouch.
It's a basket block I made when I was playing with
the bonus HSTs leftover from this project.
I only had a 7 inch zipper, so this pouch couldn't be too big, but I thought the basket block would be just right for it. I made a couple of panels for the front and back of the pouch and layered them with batting scraps for some simple quilting.
With zipper tabs, and boxing the bottom so it would sit flat, this little pouch measures about 8.5 inches wide by 6.5 inches tall. It's just right for holding my little scissors, needle book, and some thread or embroidery floss.
Purple pouch and sister project up there on the wall!
And makeover complete!
I even had a purple pincushion to add to the station - now it's really perfect!
After finishing up that little squirrel, I could get on with stitching the redwork snowmen. Two (plus stars and snowflakes) are finished, two more are traced and that's what I'll work on this week for my slow stitching.
Sharing at all my favorite weekend parties:
Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap
Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching