Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, April 19, 2019

Little Bits of Turquoise

I realized this week that I don't really have a lot of aqua/turquoise scraps left.  Turquoise is the smallest pile in my fat quarter shelves, too.  Good thing I could still pull together a few blocks with the little bits I do have!

I finished up the Tiny Rails block in turquoise that I started working on last week -


I had to dig into my solids drawer for this week's Tiny Tuesday block!   This photo really makes the scraps I picked look blue - they definitely look more blue-green in real life.

Thanks, Mari, at the Academic Quilter, for this fun pinwheel block!  I really enjoyed making it!

This month's three Tiny Tuesday blocks - 


My main focus this week has been to move my Hands2Help quilt for Jack's Basket along, and it's almost done!

Some "S Curve" quilting on a turquoise block - 


The binding is made and ready to be sewn on, too.


But first, a quick weekend away to visit our oldest son for his birthday!  Happy Easter, everyone!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and





15 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those blocks look great! Have a fun weekend with your son!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

by doing the RSC challenge we sure find out which colors we are low on. Next time I find some good sales I need to get a variety of this color too Love your blocks

Louise said...

Aqua/turquoise is just such a happy color! There's quite a bit in your JB quilt. Did you plan it that way? :)

Mari said...

Happy Easter to you, too! Your blocks look great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Every time I see another block added to your Tiny Rails collection I want to start my own collection. AQUA is no exception! Honestly, it probably amped up the urge. :o))

Katie Z. said...

Lovely blocks.

Julie in GA said...

So many pretty blocks! You have lots of lovely aqua/turquoise fabrics.

Scrapatches said...

I am finding I have more blue and green than aqua or turquoise in my scraps. I even pulled out a bin of older scraps. My month shall be "shades of blue and green." Your blocks are looking good. You are sew accomplished ... :) Pat

gayle said...

I love all your tinies - the rails and the Tuesdays!

Jo said...

Aqua and white is so refreshing. Great job!

Linda said...

My favorite colors are turquoise and aquas and I have too many in my stash and scraps!
Your quilting on the H2H quilt looks great.
Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your tiny blocks always look so pretty. I really like your gray setting fabric. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Susie H said...

Your blocks look great! I also like your gray background on your Tiny Tuesdays.

chrisknits said...

Your minis are just adorable! Can't wait to see what you do with all of them.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love your turquoise!!!