I'm using a fat quarter bundle of Printology by Benartex that I won in a giveaway from Allison at Little Bunny Quilts last year.
My bundle had 8 fat quarters, so I set aside two that I thought would be more useful as blenders or background fabrics, and then chose the 5 that would make up my stars. That 6th fat quarter will probably end up in the binding, since it has all the colors in it! My background fabric is Kona Butter.
Wanting to be very careful about fabric placement and cutting, I decided to make myself a key using graph paper and colored pencils.
Then I reread (and reread, lol!) the cutting directions and made copious notes for myself!
Fortunately, we have a couple weeks to do all the cutting, which is good for me as that is something I'm slow at. I did get started on my background pieces today!
Linking up to mmmquilts to share my progress!