Since the blocks for this time around are string pieced on a foundation, and Kat mentioned that old sheets would work, I dug out some I had (leftover from the 70s, lol!) and cut some 13.5 inch squares.
|These are definitely well used and possibly *vintage* sheets!|
We're starting in the corner with a red square, and building the strings out from there. I've pulled out lots of binding scraps and they are working really well for these blocks!
The final block is trimmed to 12.5 inches square.
I'll be putting a few of these in the mail to Kat this week!
Also this week, I cut some wedges for another Dresden sunflower to go with my Scrappy Sprouts blocks.
After stitching the top seam, and pressing to make the top point, I realized I could hand-piece the wedges together to make the flower.
After I finish marking the seam allowances, this will be my evening slow stitching for the next few days!
Sharing these projects at my favorite Sunday parties:
Oh Scrap at Quilting is more fun than Housework and
Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts