Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Ready for Green!

In a desperate need for some fabric therapy, and after Angela announced that green is our May color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I have been pulling out and playing with my green scraps and stash and fantasizing about actually stitching with some of it!



I love the color green - especially at this time of year, when Colorado is finally greening up.  Beautiful spring green grass and leaves on trees and plants are so refreshing to me!   Back in 2014, when I first started following Cynthia's Scrap-a-Palooza series, I made this quilt from a bunch of the green scraps I had at that time.


Some of my favorite green scraps were used up in this one.



                            

I had sewn a few 16 patch blocks earlier in the year, so they can be added in to that pile!


And then I remembered that back in February, I won a giveaway from Linda at A Maidenhair Fern.  The prize was two mini charm packs of Morningside Farm by Darlene Zimmerman for Robert Kaufman. 


I realized that there were most likely some green pieces mixed in there, so I got one out and, sure enough, there were!  So I decided to see if a person with a big, bulky splint and bandage on her left wrist and hand could sew something... anything!  Desperate times, friends, call for desperate measures!


And, the answer is Yes!  As long as you have precut squares and a 1/4 inch foot, it works!  Hooray!  So, there is hope.  Tomorrow (Friday), I'll see the doc again, and should be getting a cast on my wrist.  I am so hoping that it is lighter weight, and less bulky.  Maybe soon, there'll be more sewing!

I'll be linking up with all the other Rainbow Scrap Challenged on Saturday morning for some more green inspiration!






15 comments:

Sewmotion said...

Wow! I love your determination, it is amazing where our addiction takes us, isn't it! I do hope you get your cast off soon, and can comfortably get back to the machine :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It has to be so hard not to be sewing. Hope you get good news from the doc so you can get working on all those pretty green scraps.

Kate said...

I'd go nuts without being able to sew. Glad you found something that would ease that desire a bit. Hope you are able to get back into it more after the cast change.

Deb A said...

Love that you found a way to sew! Pretty green quilt you made.... and enjoy the lovely shades of green popping out in nature. Spring is such a fun time of the year.

Sally Trude said...

I'm glad to hear you found a way to sew and I hope you have an easier time with your new cast.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Love that Scrapaploosa quilt. Precuts are some days an injured quilter's best friend. So glad you found a way to stay in the game.

Angie said...

Yay for sewing therapy! Hope your healing continues at a fantastic rate!

Cathy said...

Good for you in finding a way to do some sewing! Although fondling, dreaming and drooling over scraps is good therapy (and I bet it played a major part in your recovery process), it must be heaven to get back to the machine. Heal quickly!!!!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a blessing to have the lovely greens out around you and to have found a way to do some stitching. A lovely green quilt with sweet messages.

Mari said...

Such pretty greens! Good for you for getting back to sewing. I'd be lost without it.

LA Paylor said...

Stop the presses! I want some of that wordy print!!!
So, I guess I didn't know you were in CO. I'm coming out this summer... want to get together? LeeAnna

Cathy said...

Glad you figured out how to get in a little fabric therapy!

Vicki in MN said...

Good for you thinking outside the box to get your sewing time.

Ivani said...

WOW good you figured out a way for sewing ! Love your quilt. I like the green fabric with pink flowers. Have a wonderdul week.

Lisa said...

Good luck with the doc!