After the big push to finish up Patchwork Hearts, it has been nice and relaxing to go back to just playing with scraps! I dug into my stash and pulled out all the purple I could find. At the beginning of the month, I'm always looking at these with the viewpoint of what will work for each of my current projects.
I find purple really hard to photograph - as in,
these are much prettier in person!
I started with the Jacob's Ladder blocks because they require the largest chunks of fabric. First made was this combination - I love that floral print!
Pretty soon there were two!
Of course, I just had to lay out a grouping of them together. I've made 18 blocks now, but for this photo I left out two - a very light blue and a brown one. They don't quite fit in with this layout. I'm going to have to figure out what to make for the last few blocks that will work with this layout.
In the category of "not purple, but still scrappy," along the way, I made a couple more blocks for the Lala's Irish Chain QAL, hosted by Melva over at Melva Loves Scraps. I used these as leader/enders in between rows of the Jacob's Ladder blocks.
I think that blue bubble print is going to work for the chain!
Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
6 comments:
Your purples are so pretty. I had forgotten about your Jacob's Ladder - it is looking great! Love the blue print on Lala. Hope you have a great weekend!
Jacks Chain blocks make a perfect quilt! So much to look at with secondary designs. I, too, only had time to play with blocks this week.
Both those quilts look wonderful, great progress!
Purple can be a stinker to photograph for sure no matter how hard you try. I have photoshop elements that I use to try and tweak but sometimes it just doesn't help! I love the purples you have pulled and the block you made with them.
Purple is hard to photograph, sometimes pairing it with black or off white helps it photograph better. The Jacob's Ladder quilt is going to be a fun one when it's finished. You picked a good color for your constant in the chain pieces. Happy stitching this weekend.
Those Jacob's Ladder blocks look fantastic! All of your blocks this week are awesome.
Post a Comment