LeeAnna has declared the month of June to be ice cream month for I Like Thursdays, and I can get on board with that! The question for this week is - what's your favorite ice cream flavor? Well, that's an easy one!
Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
I have two quilts that I'm sending along to two different charities for the H2H quilt drive this year. These are both baby/toddler size, so I'm sending one to the Little Lambs of Utah, for kids going into foster care, and one to the Cool Kids Campaign in North Carolina, for kids fighting cancer.
Monday, May 29, 2023
Good morning, and happy To-Do Tuesday! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. There were lots of graduation parties around here - we were even invited to one! It was nice to get caught up with some extended family that we hadn't seen in awhile. But did we take any pictures? No...
I do have pictures of things I've been working on this week to share, though. House #7 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is done! This might be my new favorite!
- House #8 - the quilt block section is started, and pieces and parts for the rest of the house need to be cut and sewn.
- Keep working on my project for the June 21st blog hop.
- Get started on June blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - working with more blues.
Saturday, May 27, 2023
Earlier this week I finished up the "Robin Lane" design that I'd been working on recently. Last week I shared the green border I picked for it and the pink backing. This week, I did some simple quilting, and finished it off with a pale pink binding.
Thursday, May 25, 2023
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Happy Thursday, friends! How's your week going? I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.
We drove out through Eastern Colorado to where our son lives in western Kansas last Saturday and encountered this crazy fog/Canadian wildfire smoke combination that made visibility pretty bad. Not something to like, but definitely made the day interesting!
Monday, May 22, 2023
Good morning, friends! It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come. Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!
This week I made sure to get my Hands2Help quilts washed and ready to send off. I love a freshly washed and dried quilt, don't you?!
- Finish house #7 and get started on #8 for my Rainbow Neighbourhood. #7 will be done in reds, and celebrate birdwatching!
- Keep working on my project for the blog hop in June. No progress on that one last week, but hopefully I can get more done this week.
- There are a couple of small quilted items that I want to finish up this week - my May Table Scraps project and an embroidery piece.
- That's probably enough for this week's list!
Saturday, May 20, 2023
I had fun finishing up the Schoolhouse Sampler this week, after focusing on the ABCs at first. The letters are done in DMC 4066, Amazon Moss, my new favorite variegated floss. I added other colors for the flower buds, schoolhouse, and moon and stars.
Friday, May 19, 2023
This week I wanted to work on some Split 9 Patch blocks in orange, but I wasn't sure I had enough variety of orange scraps for them. Hunting around in my stash, I found this Halloween stripe and wondered if it read orange enough to be usable.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Good morning, friends! Hope your week is going well! We enjoyed a backyard visit from one of our favorite birds over the weekend - a western tanager. He hung around our feeders for quite on both Saturday and Sunday. Such a beautiful bird!
Monday, May 15, 2023
180 To-Do Tuesday posts adds up to lots of things getting done over the years! Thanks to all the hosts during that time, and especially to Carol at Quilt Schmilt who is hosting this fun link-up now. There's nothing like quilty inspiration and encouragement from like-minded friends!
Looking back at last week's post shows mixed results on my list.
- Wash and dry the H2H quilts and finish the label on one. ❌️ Not done. Somehow I just walked on by those two quilts all week, and didn't touch them! That will stay on the list for this week.
- Finish house #5 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL. ✅️ Done! This one was fun!
- Sew more orange blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. ✅️ Done. See my zipper blocks here.
- Make my mom a new Spring mug rug for Mother's Day. ✅️. Also done and shown in the linked post above.
- I didn't get very far on house #6, so it's still in progress. I'll keep that on the list for this week.
- More with orange for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - work on the Split 9 Patch blocks.
- I'm working on a pieced backing for Kelly Young's new book launch blog hop which is coming out in June. Most of the piecing is done, but I need to make the backing just a bit wider, so will work on that this week, too.
- And wash those H2H quilts!
Saturday, May 13, 2023
I last shared my progress on Robin Lane about two weeks ago, and I had a lot of leaves and flowers to embroider, and wasn't really looking forward to them! But I persevered (wink!) and it is now completely finished. It turns out they weren't as tedious to stitch up as I thought they would be and I love the finished look of Robin Lane!
Friday, May 12, 2023
After finishing my orange house for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL earlier this week, I thought the button print would be fun in a zipper block.