It has been a fun week for some Halloween stitching - both fast and slow! I finished the main part of my Autumn Jubilee quilt top. Check out Carole's version at the link.
Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
I have to admit something to you - it's my quilty little secret... I love making quilt blocks. With all the inspiration out there in blogland, and the rainbow of scraps and stash in my sewing room, I get to this time of the year, and I have made piles of blocks! The problem is that I stall out on turning these into quilts...
- Chandelier blocks: there are only 18 of these. I'm putting them in a project box and will continue making more in 2022.
- Easy Breezy blocks: there are 25 of these. I like the chain they make here, but I tried the Tula Pink fabric as an alternate block, and it's too busy! These were fun to make as leaders and enders, but the truth is I've kind of lost interest in them.
- Crumb Hearts: I love these and I think I'm ready to work on something with them. This week I put them on the design wall and added squares of the Fairy Dust in between. I'm saying this one's a "Yes!"
- The last set of blocks are these wonky stars. I started making them as an alternate block to go in between something - the Easy Breezies? the Crumb Hearts? Anyway, there are 12 of them. I think I'm just going to turn them into a mini quilt - something quick and simple.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Happy Thursday, and Happy Halloween Week! I had to raid my mom's sock drawer for some festive socks this morning. These just make me smile!
Monday, October 25, 2021
Good morning! I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.
- Keep going on Autumn Jubilee - two borders left to go, then finishing.
- Get started quilting Positivity!
- Assess where I am with other Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks/projects, and decide on one to move forward in the coming months.
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Friday afternoon, I had my hand-pieced Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt to this point - two eight block units and the bottom four block strip.
Friday, October 22, 2021
This month's Table Scraps placemat started with some Kaffe charm squares and a small piece of Kona Butter out of my solids drawer. (It's a very pale yellow, and hard to photograph correctly!) I decided to make hour glass blocks (3.5 inches finished) this time.
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Monday, October 18, 2021
Good morning! I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I plan to be working on this week.
- I want to get going on the next quilt to finish, Positivity. Backing fabric is purchased, batting and spray basting are on order from Amazon! The next step will be to piece the backing.
- Time to finish up this month's Table Scraps project in bright green. I've been playing with some Kaffe charm squares and a light yellow solid, making hourglass blocks.
- And, of course, keep working on the maple leaf blocks for the Autumn Jubilee QAL. The next directions come out on Friday.
Saturday, October 16, 2021
has been all about sewing these hand-pieced scrappy trips blocks together.
Friday, October 15, 2021
**I'm recycling an older post about one of the quilts I'm donating for Hands2Help this year. It's a favorite finish of 2021, and a great way to use scraps in a simple design. I call this quilt Rainbow Four Patch.**
Hooray for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish! I started making these rainbow 4 patches as a leader/ender project sometime in early 2020. It was a way to use up more of the smallest scraps, this time in 2 inch squares. This is the first photo I could find of them from last February.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Happy Thursday! Thanks for visiting on I Like Thursday, hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.
One day last week, we went for a scenic drive to see the Colorado fall colors, and it was beautiful. We came across this scene - leaves and llamas!