Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Book Club QAL Week 2

After finishing up both Evelyn and Jane last week, I worked on Louisa this week!


Working with templates has been a learning experience!  Cutting out the pattern, tracing it on the template plastic, then cutting that shape out of the plastic, tracing it on the fabric several times, plus then cutting the fabric - that's a lot of steps!  I noticed my Louisa came out quite a bit larger than 9.5 inches.  Fortunately, she trimmed down easily!

Here's the group!  
I'm loving the red prints and Kona Snow together.

Sharing at Elm Street Quilts for the Book Club QAL Thursday link-up.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

better to be a little too big then too small! love your reds.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I agree with Karen, too big is better! Pretty blocks, a lot of work! 👍

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty blocks. I had a problem somehow when I did a conversion my math was about 1/4 inch off, but I managed to "ease" my block together and overall it ended up being the right size. Yay me. LOL tiny wins.

Deb A said...

These are so pretty in red and white! I have never made a red and white quilt......

Cathy said...

Beautiful blocks, Diann. The red and white (Snow) are so fresh and crisp together. I’m enjoying watching everyone make these lovely blocks. I’m not crazy about the setting of the final quilt, but I know there are those who will change it up, and I’m looking forward to that. Stay safe! xo

Kate said...

I've tried template stitching and it never worked well for me. Your blocks turned out beautifully, so you must have mastered that skill set.

Linda said...

I've never done a template block before. Looks complicated but your blocks are spectacular! That is going to be a gorgeous quilt.