Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Monday Minis Update

I've been having fun all summer sewing along with Temecula Quilt Company and their Marvelous Mini Mondays!  It has at times been a challenge to sew with such tiny pieces, but I've been pretty happy with my results.


Most of the blocks have had a traditional center block that measures 2 inches, then surrounded by two 1 inch borders.  You can see below that this block turned out a bit wonky after I added the borders - 


but I'm just going to be okay with that because, after all, these little bits and pieces are leftover from who knows what that I would not have used otherwise!

Last week we made a log cabin block that I really like!


I've made a total of 17 blocks so far, and I'm thinking 16 would make a nice mini of some sort.  We were supposed to make five 36 patch blocks, but I've only made 2 of them.  I'm hoping the suggested setting will be shown soon so I can make a decision about whether or not I will make the rest of the 36 patch blocks!  


I'm enjoying these colors and working on getting a balance of orange, turquoise, light blue, and lime green throughout.  Hmmm - if we need sashing, what might work?  I'll be thinking about that!

Linking up - Quilting is More Fun than Housework - Oh Scrap !




17 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is looking good like the colors you used

gayle said...

I'm also wondering what they have in mind for all this itty little blocks. It's sure been fun making them, though!

Jayne said...

I love all these little blocks! They can be a challenge! Whatever you end up doing with the blocks...it'll be fabulous!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great little teeny blocks.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Those tiny blocks are fantastic. I absolutely am in love with the color palette that you've got going there. I can't wait to see how you decide to put the together. Happy sewing! Andrea

Kate said...

You've got a very fun set of blocks. They would make a beautiful mini.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm having fun with these blocks too!
I wonder what they will post tomorrow?!?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

These little blocks are so darn cute! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I have been curious about the final layout too.

Vicki in MN said...

I applaud you for having the patience for that many teeny tiny blocks!!!

Ariane said...

These are super cute tiny blocks.

chrisknits said...

I just love your color scheme on this project. All the tones and shades I love.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Those teeny blocks are so sweet, they will be well worth the time once all of the blocks are done. I'll wonder along with you as to what the setting might be. BTW, I think 36 patches for a 4" block is 32 too many for me.

margaret said...

these mini blocks will make a lovely little wall hanging so admire people who work so small, there were some amazing mini quilts at the FOQ must do a blog about them too the overall winner was a mini by Philipa Naylor

Anne Ida said...

Oh, these are looking wonderful!

Michele McLaughlin said...

This looks wonderful and is such a great way to use up scraps!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Those are cute tiny blocks! Loving your colour combo here too!

Linda said...

That is going to be so cute! Envious of your patience with those tiny blocks. ;)