This is only the bottom half of my improv sampler - I need to photograph the whole thing, but I'm working up to that! Meanwhile, I also had to decide on a backing for it, and I decided to piece the backing from a small piece of a fun yellow print that I found in my stash, and added some Kona Citrus to it.
I even pieced the batting for this quilt. This is easy to do because the whole thing only measures about 30 x 30.
I'm excited (and anxious) to get on with the quilting, but somehow these in between steps take time to accomplish...
I did stitch together some "multi-colored" string blocks this week as leaders and enders, with a plan of using a few yellow, turquoise, and green strings, to make some new coasters for our morning coffee spot.
Scraps of batting work really well as the foundation for these little projects. Now they just need backing and binding, with a bit of quilting to hold them together.
Happy Sunday! For more scrappy project inspiration, be sure to check out the Oh Scrap linky over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.