Week One's prompt was to make a Wonky Log Cabin Block. Week Two was improv triangles. And for week three, we were to cut some rectangles, stack them, cut them into various shapes, and sew them back together.
Here's how it turned out for me! I started with 4 rectangles cut about 3.5" x 6.5" This week I also added a new color of Kona cotton - pomegranate! My colors felt like they wanted to play with some pink, but not too pastel, so pomegranate it is!
I made three cuts in my stack of rectangles and then randomly sewed them back together again. After some trimming, I started to play with the next layout.
I decided last week to use my wonky log cabin as the center, and then add "borders" as we get a new prompt each week.
I love adding bits and pieces, chopping them off, and then sewing them in a different place!
Some scrappy chunks were added to make the border on the left longer.
I even had a leftover triangle piece from week two's prompt that I could use in the corner.
So this is where my Improv quilt project stands right now - it's measuring about 16.5" x 18.5" and is bright and happy!
I'm excited to see what comes next!
For more info about the Play Improv QAL, check here. And for scrappy inspiration of all kinds, check out the Oh Scrap! link-up today at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.