1. I've discovered that I love small and useful finishes, like bags and pouches, and have tried several different types this year. Here are two of my favorites!
Sotak Handmade - two zippers and velcro!
A "Pyramid Pouch," pattern by Sandra at Musings
of a Menopausal Melon - equilateral triangles!
2. My little blog was featured on Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework, back in February, where I showed how I make small, scrappy, table runners and mug rugs.
Thanks, Cynthia, for the opportunity to do that!
3. I tried something new with English Paper Piecing, and created a new favorite, this Christmas Tree wall-hanging.
4. My favorite big quilt finish of the year, Into the Woods.
5. And finally, I completed my Scrap Vortex flimsy, which right now I'm madly working on quilting and finishing it up! I have long admired AmandaJean of Crazy Mom Quilts, and when she started a Scrap Vortex QAL, I knew I wanted to join in. This was also my most viewed and commented on post for the year!
As for 2016... what might it bring? I am still getting the hang of being a retired teacher, and having more time for my favorite activities! It is wonderful to have hours everyday to sew and create. Along with quilts and small projects for myself, I am hoping to do more charity quilting. And I am finally going to take some time to figure out free motion quilting! A Craftsy class is definitely in my future!
Happy New Year to all of you, and may it be all you hope for!