Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Progress!

I finished up the top of my Winter in the Woods quilt.  I'm very happy with how it turned out, even if it felt like a mistake at first!


I am liking the patterns that are formed by the blocks where their corners come together!  I ordered several yards of the mint dots from the quilt for the backing and binding.  I have a few jelly roll strips left that I didn't use that I might add into the binding for a fun addition of color!




Today I made the backing, and tomorrow I will sandwich the layers together so that I can begin quilting this quilt.  I'm still thinking about how to quilt it, though.  Not sure what will work yet!  But it is fun to contemplate!

3 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt top looks great! I like the layout -far more playful than the actual layout. And that mint green backing is perfect!

Lara B. said...

Diann, the blocks ended up giving the illusion of curved piecing! It turned out so cool! One of those serendipity mistakes for sure! And the fabrics are just lovely!

Jasmine said...

Such a cheerful fabric line. :) Love how this is looking.