I have been wanting to make something about out of my stash of Kate Spain Honey Honey, and when I went back and looked at Christa's String of Pearls quilt-along, that was something that looked like it would work with what I had in my stash. I've decided to make only a big enough quilt to be a table runner, which equals about two rows of Christa's pattern, or eight pearl blocks. So far, I've made the eight basic blocks, with Honey Honey as the center and some black and white polka dots from Timeless treasures as the outside border.
Although I was trying to make this table runner entirely from my stash, it looks like I will have to go find some background fabric for it, because I'm not finding anything that will work that I already have. My local Hobby Lobby has a great selection of Kona cottons, and I'm hoping to find something to match that pretty green that is in some of my Honey Honey fabric. Can't wait to get going on this again this weekend!
Back in November I put together this Braided Herringbone quilt top from Kelly's tutorial.
Then life got busy with holiday projects, so I put it away, and now I'm ready to decide what to do with this quilt. I'm thinking about adding a few borders to it, to make it more of a lap size quilt. One thought is to add a border of randomish 3 inch squares around it, before continuing on with something bigger. So, this week I've been cutting lots of squares!
Time to start sewing these up!
I am also following along with the Scrap-a-Palooza at Quilting is More Fun than Housework. Who knows what I will decide to work on next!
Happy Sewing to all of you!