Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, July 29, 2013

Chevron Baby Quilt - Almost Done!

A quilting friend and I decided to make a baby quilt for a co-worker who's having a little girl very soon.  I love the chevron quilts I've seen around blog land, so I found a tutorial for one, and off we went!  The baby's room is decorated in pink and gray, so we added white to the mix and came up with this beautiful combination.


After we put the top together, it was my job to quilt it and attach the binding to the front.  I straight line quilted it by echoing the zig zag of the chevrons.  I love the scrappy binding my friend made out of the pink fabrics!  My favorite part of quilting is hand-sewing the binding  to the back, and I'm really tempted to get started on it, but I promised my friend I would wait until we could do it
together.  It's so hard to wait, though!


We found a fun Alice in Wonderland print by Robert Kaufman for the backing.  It gives the modern quilt top a little bit of an old fashioned feeling.  I'm excited to give the finished quilt to our co-worker!  
 
Today is the last day of the Let's Get Acquainted/New Blogger Blog Hop.  It has been so much fun and a great learning experience to check out all of the link ups throughout the summer.  Thank you, Beth, at Plum and June for setting it all up!  I'm going to link up over there, one last time.

4 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Love the colours, the design, the backing and that you get to make a special quilt with a friend :)

Rebekah said...

oh, I love chevron quilts, too! haven't made one yet but really want to. :) That's a fun idea to make a quilt with a friend!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I just love chevrons and the white with the pink and gray really make the colors come alive! So pretty!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

I really like the scrappy binding! The whole quilt is lovely.