Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Stitch in Time

The June block for the And Sew On BoM is all about something I haven't ever done, and that is hand sewing hexagons.  There are some amazing examples of beautiful quilts you can make with them out there, though, so maybe I will try them someday.  At least I will have this block to make it look like I can do it!   Here is my version of this month's block:


This block went together pretty easily, so I thought, until I looked at the blocks that have been posted on flickr.  All of a sudden I realized I had sewn the piece with the three hexies on upside down!  Oops!  I guess it really didn't look quite right after all!  Out came the seam ripper, and I fixed it, and now it's much better.  I used three of my favorite fabrics for the hexagons, including a piece of Kate Spain Honey Honey, in honor of this month's Kate Spain Blog Hop over at Blossom Heart Quilts, which has been great fun to follow along.

It's fun to see all of the blocks together!  6 down, 3 to go!  I think I've taken every picture in a different light.  I have a lot to learn about that!

Linking up to Let's Get Acquainted Monday over at Plum and June and Quiet Play this week.

2 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Fab blocks, love it, and thx for linking up :o)

Finding Fifth said...

Your blocks are all blending nicely together with this theme.