Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, April 23, 2017

A Plethora of Polka Dots

Last week, while making multi-colored blocks for my RSC projects, I got side-tracked by some fun fabrics and kept making different blocks until I had an 18 x 18 table topper pieced.


This week I finished it up!  There was plenty of the yellow and block dot for the binding.


I quilted it with a some curving cross-hatching, which created interesting diamond shapes.


The back is just about as much fun as the front!


My hubby got a kick out of me trying to "stage" some photos with some of my Fiesta Ware!


But here is how my table looks with its new decoration today.  I'm going to enjoy this one!


Hope you're having a great weekend!  I'm looking forward to checking out the scrappy inspiration at Sunday's Oh Scrap! link-up at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  See you there!








12 comments:

deb said...

Love this!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Too cute, the ladybugs are so springtime fresh.

Jayne said...

I love how it turned out! How could it not put a smile on your face!! Great idea for the quilting too! I need to try that!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

How cheerful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect for brightening a springtime table!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This turned out great Diann. I really like that curved crosshatch. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Ivani said...

It is lovely Diann. I like also the pieced backing and the curved cross-hatching quilting is perfect for it. ♥

margaret said...

I think we all have a stash of dots in our fabric hoard and seeing what you have done here shows how effective dots can be a lovely table runner

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on the finish, I love it with your fun coffee cups!

Alison V. said...

This is just darling! Love all the dots. :)

Karen's Korner said...

A cheerful addition to your table.

Sandra Walker said...

Love your festive tabletopper and that it was a DrEAMi! Well worth the sidetracking. Thanks for linking up. :-)