Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 14, 2016

One Rainbow Flimsy

I've been on a roll this week, sewing blocks together, and then rows, to finish up my first quilt top made from Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016 blocks.  This has been my first year participating in the RSC, and I have loved it!  Since I like to work on more than one project at a time, it works out perfectly to just have a few blocks to make each week.  Then, here comes October, and I have a whole lap sized quilt ready to go!

So, here is my RSC 16 patch quilt top:


This morning I was trying different shots to see what would show it off the best!  How about as a picnic quilt?

Or on my dining room table?



An artistic shot!


I love scrappy quilts so much, and this one is a perfect example of why.  It's full of my favorite fabrics - scraps from friends, and old projects, and then newer pieces that I've collected here and there.




I love them all!  Now this flimsy goes into my queue to be basted together and quilted.  I'm not sure who this quilt is going to belong to in the end, but I have sure enjoyed making it!

Linking up to ScrapHappy Saturday at So Scrappy with all of the Rainbow Scrap Quilters.


20 comments:

Ariane said...

This quilt looks great! A wonderful scrappy quilt! Love it!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It looks great! I enjoy the RSC for the same reason - it is a great way to use scraps and end up with a quilt.

margaret said...

your scraps have certainly made a lovely wuilt I think it would look wonderful on your table, presume when a cloth it has a thinner wadding?

Kate said...

Love that frog fabric. Congrats on your very colorful flimsy.

Vicki in MN said...

It looks fantastic-all made from fabric that one might have thrown away-if they weren't you and I that is!! Love the pic on your glider;-)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It looks wonderful in ALL of the shots! :)

Sheila said...

I LOVE 16-patch blocks and quilts. LOVE your colorful, fun RSC Quilt!

gayle said...

Beautiful! And so fun to have a quilt that will always bring a smile!

LA Paylor said...

wowie! On the table!

Chantal said...

Beautifully done. Congrats on this colourful top. ;^)

Kat Scribner said...

Such a charming quilt! And the colors look so balanced, well placed. Great job!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed RSC quilt top. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on your RSC 16 patch flimsy! I think it would make a splendid tablecloth! You've got some fun fabrics in there I would call the "smile factor". Every quilt needs some smiles!

Jennifer said...

great job on the 16 patch finish!

Cathy said...

Diann, it looks wonderful!! I love that you did some color grouping, too! It's just perfect - congrats! Have you thought of a project or two for next year?

PaulaB quilts said...

congratulations on your great top. All the blocks flow together so well. It has so many possibilities. I liked it on the table. Great going!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous quilt. Great job on having the top together already.

phxquilt said...

Another great rainbow quilt!

Jasmine said...

I love your layout of these blocks and I think the kitchen table picture is my favorite. ;)

Angie said...

Your flimsy looks great! Yay for scrappy quilts!