Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 23, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Winter in the Woods

Winter in the Woods


I think this quilt is one of my favorites that I have ever made (originally blogged about here), so I decided to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side in the Large Quilt category.  Winter in the Woods measures 62 x 62.

This quilt is made from a jelly roll of Into the Woods by Lella Boutique for Moda, and a jelly roll of Kona Snow, using the video tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company for their Summer in the Park quilt.  I named mine "Winter in the Woods" because I put the rows together (originally by mistake!) differently than the tutorial showed, and ended up liking the result!  I do love the warm colors of this fabric line mixed with the snowy white.  


I even made a pillow to go with it out of a few leftover blocks.

Checkout the link-up for the Blogger's Quilt Festival for lots of quilty inspiration!


8 comments:

Alison V. said...

I love that fabric line so much and this quilt looks awesome!

PaintedThread said...

I love the colors. It almost looks curvy. Very pretty!

Kate said...

Beautifully done. Love the name, it's perfect.

Sandra Walker said...

Yep yep great choice, love this quilt Diann, and I love the setting you did. Cool how a "mistake" becomes a design element (I may be loosely quoting Angela Walters there). I HAVE to get a quilt in these colours in my house! (um may have some fabrics aging nicely as a good wine will do on my shelf...)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great choice Diann. I love how this one turned out too. So glad you entered it!

Jolanda said...

Love your fabrics! Very nice quilt top.

Shannon said...

Beautiful quilt! Love your layout and the pillow too.

Linda said...

I love the fabric and the layout! I voted for you. :)