Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sewing Room Re-do and Slabs

I decided recently that I needed a larger table for my sewing machine if I was going to do more machine quilting.  We found the perfect table/desk at Ikea and put it together last Sunday.



I love the white table top!  It looks so clean and neat! (Right now anyway...). It gives me lots of space to lay blocks out as I work on them.

 
 
I've also been trying some improv/slab blocks for a baby quilt.  I'm working on pink, green, yellow, and purple 15 1/2" blocks.  I know I'll need some sashing or borders for this quilt, but haven't decided what to use for that yet.  I'm wondering about using some black and white with it, like the cat material I used for the backing of my Scrappy Trip Around World quilt.  

 
 
Since this is totally an improv quilt, I guess anything goes!  Finding that fabric will be my next step.
I'm heading over to My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday - so should you!


2 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Yay for having more space for quilting! That looks like a fabulous sewing area!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

love the space and the slabs! Improv is so much fun!

Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation