I really think orange should be the color of the month for July! I finally have marigolds starting to bloom, along with pumpkins that were planted in the same garden that are starting to ripen.
Plus my Sungold cherry tomatoes are also coming along!
We've been having lots of bird visitors in the yard lately, too. A crow decided he wanted to hang out here, and we've seen him on the fence, in the bird bath, the fountain, and in all the trees.
And a young red-tailed hawk who thought Mike's pick-up would be a good place to land!
It's no wonder the smaller birds have been making a ruckus!
I've been enjoying this book recently - it was recommended by Carole in her most recent book chat post. Two families who have owned a Catskills resort since the 1960s have to decide what to do about an offer to sell.
LeeAnna's question of the week is about journals - do we use one? did we write in one when growing up? I really have never been a journal person, although having this blog is a bit like journaling a few times a week. I do like keeping a book journal, which I've been doing since 2017. It has a list by month and year of every book I've read since I started it. I even made a special journal cover for it!
Hope you're having a great week!

13 comments:
Lots of orange in your garden. You are so lucky to have pumpkins coming up. May I ask what variety you are growing this year? I did not have any luck with mine. I have an affection for crows. Great photos of your bird visitors. The rabbits that have been nibbling on your marigolds better watch out with Mr. Hawk in the neighborhood. LOL. Love your book journal cover, Diann. How cute and clever. Have a lovely day. Hugs.
Such a pretty array of orange in your garden! I use my blog as a journal although I have tried to keep a paper one which I had fun embellishing with bits of art. I remember when you stitched that comfy chair!
I have some orange flowers in my garden too! Such a bright and happy colour. I keep track of what I have read on Goodreads. My blog is my quilt journal and it has become a way to connect with quilters around the world. So many books I want to read and quilts I want to make….
Oh, pumpkins, hurry up autumn!! I have a couple of "giant" marigolds that finally have bloomed, but the blooms are about the size of a dime. So much for that! I use Goodreads, too. My blog is the closest thing to a journal that I have ever done.
What a pretty garden! Those Sungolds (my favorite cherry) look very healthy. And wow on the pumpkins! I love your book journal cover.
I love that journal cover - it's so cozy!
Voledemort has eaten every single marigold flower. Sigh.
Your gardening is looking good, Diann. We have tons of crows that hang out around here. They play nice with all of the other birds. We have two mama turkeys with about a dozen babies that have been coming to the feeders every morning. They eat off of the ground but we found four babies that had flown up and were sitting on top of the poles the feeders hang from. Your journal cover is so pretty, love it!
Oh yes! Keeping a blog is definitely like keeping a journal! I am so glad that I have kept a blog. It is lovely to make new friends like you through blogging!
Ive never done journaling other than the blog. I do like looking back occasionally, looking for when I started a quilt or what my month was like X years ago.... Pretty gardens. Mine has been overrun with weeds and the few things growing got pin holes in them and went bad. Time to pull it up and start over after the next trip to Vermont I think. Might be 'fall' planting time and maybe I'll be home to care for it? I might have mentioned to hubby that he is home all day and could do that.... we will see.
Love the garden photo--I only think of orange for October--to me July is a blue month for some reason--forget me nots, and bachelor buttons--August is always 'yellow' with black eyed susans---
I love all kinds of birds--and as for Journaling--yes--I do believe writing blog posts is journaling--I have done actual journals off and on in my life--of course as a teen it was called--diary and we had those little gold keys to lock it up with-- I do keep a daily journal now--just habit now I guess--I never thought of a book journal--yours is so sweet--I used to keep track by counting and a yearly total--but these days--I can't seen to put a needle of some kind down long enough to read--sad!!!
hugs, di
I can rarely get a pumpkin to grow only once in awhile have I had pumpkin or squash. And now you have tomatoes too. I think I consider my type of blog a journal just type it instead of write.
Orange for July - I'd vote for that! I have a book journal, but only started it a few years ago. Sure wish I'd started when I was a kid, it would be fun to see what I've read over the years!
Very cool bird pictures. The red-tailed hawk is fun to see, but the other birds are definitely not thrilled. The neighbor that shares our back fence feeds the birds, the local hawk knows that. They come to visit our back fence regularly.
Post a Comment