Good morning! I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.
On last week's list:
- I finished up my Table Scraps project for February. You can read more about it in my Saturday post. I timed this finish just right for using on Valentine's Day, and every year from now on in February!
- I also finished up the borders on the Crumb Hearts quilt. It now measures 48 x 60, and is going in the "to be quilted" pile!
- And, I've been working on my Stay at Home Round Robin project. If you look back at my To-Do Tuesday post last week, I had made six friendship stars and four signature blocks and was pretty sure how I would set them at the top and bottom of the quilt. But I kept looking at that layout up on my design wall, and I just wasn't sure. So over the week I made some big changes. Here's how my SAHRR looks now.
I added strips of the neutral fabric to top and bottom, took apart the strips of stars, discarded the two that didn't have very good contrast, and used only the four burgundy stars as cornerstones. Then I remade the signature blocks with a mellower blue and the neutral print.
Except, those large blue squares in between the stars and the signature blocks are bothering me now. They're too boxy or something... So when I saw the prompt for this week's border, applique or rail fence blocks, I thought, "What about this?"
Something could be appliqued onto those squares!
I'll be working on that this week!
So, my list for the coming week:
- Work on the applique for the SAHRR border #5
- Finish up my Rainbow Scrap Challenge February blocks.
- If there's time, start piecing a backing for this small quilt. I'm hoping to donate it during the Hands2Help quilt drive.