Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Slow stitching this week...

 I am most definitely a slow stitcher!  It took me all week - Sunday through Friday evening - to stitch the sunflower in Hello Autumn.  First it was taking care to make sure I didn't mess up the petals.  They look like random shapes, although it turns out they do have a pattern.

Then it was filling in the center - those full coverage areas 
always feel like they are taking forever!

Not much left to do now, though - just the rest of the border motifs.   There are some cute little acorns at the top, above "Hello" and simple flowers in that opening at the bottom.  I'll be working on those today for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy's Quilts.





16 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your Hello is gorgeous! I love the richness of the colors you chose. This is going to be one cool finish!

Anonymous said...

Slow stitching is the best! This Autumn stitch will soon be done Gail at the cozy quilter

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love Hello Autumn! Been reading up on your blog posts. Jacob's Ladder is one of my favorite patterns and love yours!! Great fabric choices! Are you under drought restrictions where you live? I keep reading how low Lake Mead is getting and am not sure you are impacted. Sending hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well the stitching looks good to me goo you took your time

Sarah said...

This is a lovely project. Sarah quiltingbythesea

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

You've done really well on your autumn stitch! I remember finishing it up seemed to take forever. I think I just might get mine out this week and put it on our entry table. Maybe it will perk me up thinking it is fall. It is one of my favorite cross stitch finishes.

Vicki in MN said...

I was just sure that I had stitched that last year so I went on a hunt for it. Found it last night along with several other fall theme stitchings. And now that I found my glue gun I can proceed to a finish or two!

Angela said...

Don't you just love the sunflower! So pretty!

Kate said...

The Sunflower turned out really well, so pretty. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Julierose said...

Beautiful stitchery ;))) Love the Autumnal colors...That sunflower really came out nicely...hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

It's okay to take our time to avoid messing up. Why always rush until life's no fun? It's a cute little project. Almost done. ;^)

grammajudyb said...

Looking good! I’m anxious to get my Autumn decor out. And ready for cooler weather. Bet you are too! Been too hot!

Jenny said...

Looks great, and you are almost finished!

Patricia in New Mexico said...

I love your cross-stitch project. Your petals look great!

Libby in TN said...

You've inspired me to start some stitching projects. I don't think the series starts till January, but I'll do some practice work in the meantime.

Jeanna said...

Hello Autumn is looking great, Diann. This was a fun stitch and I look forward to bringing out for the season...soon.