My sunflower bloomed! Here it was on Tuesday -
And then on Wednesday (yesterday) - even better!
Also this week I got some happy mail from Nancy at Grace and Peace quilting! She sent me her scraps of little penguins left over from the Ikea duvet cover and pillow cases that she's been using to back the sweet baby quilts she makes. Thank you so much, Nancy! I will have fun figuring out where to use these penguins!
School has started here, and that brings on many memories for me. LeeAnna's question of the week is about the beginning of the school year - did we look forward to it? And, yes, I always did - as a student, as a mom, and as a teacher. When I was teaching, we had just spent a good week in meetings and planning for the school year, and I was so ready for the kids to come and to get going on the year. I miss that - a little bit - but I'm too old to go back there now, lol!

1 comment:
Oh that magnificent sunflower! How stunning! And how sweet of Nancy to send you the fun penguin prints. I look forward to seeing them in a future quilt. Gosh Back to School time. It was always exciting for me too. I wish you a very lovely day, Diann. Hugs.
Post a Comment