Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 9, 2026

X's and O's

I decided earlier this week that the last block for my Jacob's Ladder project would be a light green one.  These don't take long to put together at all!


Since I had already made three blue blocks, it made sense to have three green ones.


Now I can play with layouts!  Do I want to highlight the X's?


Or the O's?


I'm still going to tweak this layout a bit to mix up the dark and light blocks a bit better, but there's no hurry for that.  As leaders and enders this week, I also made two new gameboard blocks - a dark neutral and a light neutral.  Now it's time to do the same thing with that set of blocks - figure out what's left to do!


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Either layout works. I don’t really prefer one over the other. Another fun RSC quilt top almost done! Gail at the cozy quilter

Kate said...

I like the highlighted X's layout better. Looking forward to seeing the layout for the gameboard blocks.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Oh that's a hard choice - I like both! That light green was the perfect choice to add into the mix. Seems like you are going to have a nice sized gameboard quilt!

Sara said...

Both layouts are good but I do prefer the second one. It will be another beautiful quilt. I'm stumped on how I want to use my Gameboard blocks - there were not as many as I thought when I counted them this week. I may have to continue them next year. LOL

Vicki in MN said...

Either layout works and will be gorgeous when done.

Kat Scribner said...

because your # of blocks are not in sets of 4; you could just rotate the first pic 180 degrees to get the 2nd pic. It's really the same layout unless you add one more row of blocks. Such a fun block, love the scrappy in it.

Julierose said...

That is a tough one to decide--both layouts really are pretty!!
Love how the Gameboard blocks are coming too..Nice week's works ;))) Hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Either layout would work. I kinda prefer the O as it highlights the secondary layout a little better. Always fun when you get to the playing with blocks for the layout part. Enjoy.