Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Midweek Update

Wherever we travel to, I enjoy finding a local quilt shop to visit.  On this trip I found the Quilted Moose in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.  It was a fun little shop in an old house, and I came home with these fall-themed fat quarters.  

I have an idea for a tablerunner made with these -
hopefully I can get started on it soon.

But there are other things on my list this week to work on now that we are home.  Before we left I had been making a couple blocks at a time for a small version of Melva's Lala's Irish Chain design.  I have six of these blocks made, and I'm planning to make three more, one connecting block and two patchwork blocks.


In October I'm participating in a blog hop hosted by Carole at From My Carolina Home during her Fall Fortnight event, so I need to get going on my project for that.  It's started, but now it's time to move it along.


And this is the week of the month that I usually work on a house block for my Year in the Neighborhood project.  It's part of my monthly Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, so it will be a purple house for September.  It's started, too.
 

There's plenty to choose from this week, and I'm ready to get back to it!
Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.



10 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are hitting the week running, Diann. Such a lovely selection of projects to keep you busy. A beautiful selection of fat quarters that you purchased during your trip. I look forward to seeing them in a future quilt. Hugs.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love your projects! Nice haul at the store as well! Have a great day!

Vicki in MN said...

Looks like you are doing a quilt as you go project with pretty fall prints.

Julierose said...

Lovely projects you've got going, Diann--I especially like that Irish Chain in progress...such a neat pattern...hugs, Julierose

Kat Scribner said...

I love autumn fabrics. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Your new fq collection.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

I'm impressed you are already going again in the sewing room! I'm looking forward to your table runner with those pretty FQs.

Susie H said...

I love checking out quilt stores in the areas that I'm visiting too even though, like you, I have a good supply of nearby stores. It's always refreshing to perk up the stash! Lol!

Kate said...

It's fun to visit local quilt shops, you never know what you might find. Used to, we had no quilt shops in town, so traveling was the only way I got to check out any fabric lines. You have some beautiful fabrics picked for the quilt along. Looking forward to seeing those come together.

Anonymous said...

I like to bring home a few FQ’s from a trip too. It’s fun to make something that reminds you of a fun vacation. I still need to do my yellow and purple blocks. I’ve been sidetracked by projects with deadlines. Gail at the cozy quilter

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

You're so busy, but you are making great progress on your projects. Love those adorable fall FQs you picked up! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/23/wednesday-wait-loss-503