Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Midweek Update

Over the weekend I continued on working on a little of this and a little of that - mostly with my purple scraps.  I got out the gameboard blocks to do a little assessment of where I am with those.  I had planned to make 30 of them and there are now 25.  Three of each color except purple (two there) and light neutrals (only one).  I've been thinking a 5 x 6 layout would make a nice smallish quilt for donation - just have to decide on the layout.


That lead to making the center 16 patch for another purple block!



While still looking at my purple scraps, I came up with a plan for this month's scrappy placemat, too.  Hoping to have a finish to share on Saturday!


And I've made a couple more blocks for Melva's Irish Chain sew-along.  I like cutting a little and sewing a little, so that's what's happening here.  I'm up to six blocks now, with a goal of nine total for a tabletopper.

There's some scrappy fun! 

Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.






9 comments:

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

I always enjoy seeing your Gameboard blocks. Looking forward to your placemat in purples, and I love the colors in your Irish chain!

Kat Scribner said...

Great progress this week, Diann.

Susie H said...

Looking good. Great progress on all fronts!

Vicki in MN said...

Still loving those gameboard blocks!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I really love your gameboard blocks, Diann. Seeing your progress on the blocks and Melva's SAL makes me want to enjoy some time at the machine. I hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun rainbow blocks!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the Irish Chain but it has been a long time since I made one - I don't know why? but every time I see one I say I need to make that pattern and don't

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Your fabrics for the Irish Chain are just perfect! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/09/wednesday-wait-loss-501

Anonymous said...

Fun game board block collection! Isn’t it funny how we never run out of scraps??!! Somehow, I missed making my yellow blocks in August so I will have to get those done as well as my purple ones soon. Your table is going to be very colourful with your scrappy placemats. Gail at the cozy quilter