When the calendar turned over to September on Tuesday, I got out my apple things for the little chest of drawers display.
I don’t have any apple themed bowl fillers, but I did fully finish the apple mini sampler that stitched last year.
Meanwhile, this sunflower is starting to bloom!
I also got the fourth seasonal design from Gail Pan's book, Changing Seasons, traced and ready to stitch. I knew I wanted a variegated floss with browns and oranges for this one, so I stopped by my LQS on Friday afternoon to see what they had. There were two choices, so I got one of each! (I'll use both of them eventually!) One has a little more orange in it, the other is a little more brown.
This is what I'll be working on for my Slow Sunday Stitching.
Linking up at Kathy's Quilts!
9 comments:
Your Apple display is perfect for 🍎 season. We bought a bag of apples at the farmers market yesterday. The Autumn embroidery pattern is going to be fun to stitch. Your sunflower will soon be in full bloom.
Last comment by Gail at the cozy quilter
You will definitely have fun stitching up this new design, I mean there are pumpkins in it!! Love your little apple display. I need to get my fall out, maybe that would be good to do today.
I really like your apple display!! Your G.P. Seasonal stitcheries are so lovely...what a fun project. Good you got all that tracing done...Now you can sit and stitch--hugs, Julierose
I always forget about apple decor, yours looks wonderful. That is pretty floss -is that Cosmo? Gail Pan has some really great designs -I love that one!
I like apples as a transitional theme for September too.
Your September display is sure pretty! I look forward to seeing that variegated thread stitched into your fourth seasonal design!
I love your displays! This apple display is particularly appealing!
Sunflowers and apples make a very fun combination. I've always liked yellow/orange/red as a fall color scheme. Enjoy your new project. Your thread choice is inspired. Happy stitching today.
Post a Comment